Backsweetening SP with Country Time lemonade powder?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allie Geiger

Reaction score
I have a batch of skeeter pee that I started last week. It has fermented wonderfully and is sitting at 1.001 now. Should be done fermenting by the weekend.
I was thinking the Country Time lemonade powder would just give my Skeeter Pee that little lemonade boost. Has anyone done it?
How much did you add?
I intend to add it before adding my fining agents.. did the wine still clear afterwards? Did the fining agents remove the lemonade flavour?
Thanks for any suggestions!

If nobody else answers, try adding to a small sample before you dose the whole batch. Will let you see if you like it and if it helps like you want it to. Good luck with it, Arne.

So, I did it, and it tastes awesome! I added it before the clearing agents and it still cleared almost perfectly overnight. For my 6 gallons, I did 2 cups Country Time and 2 cups sugar. Perfect mix of lemon and sweetness.

Hope you remembered to stabilize it first. If not, it will probably referment. You can probably hit it with sorbate and k-meta now and be all right if you didn't do it before. Good luck with it, Arne.

Hope you remembered to stabilize it first. If not, it will probably referment. You can probably hit it with sorbate and k-meta now and be all right if you didn't do it before. Good luck with it, Arne.
Yep, I stabilized it first. Sorbate and Kmeta. I just waited until after adding it to add my fining agents.

I love skeeter pee, and so does everyone ive served it to. Whenever I've tried sweetening mine with flavoured powders, I've also bumped up the acidity beyond instant heartburn levels.

What I do now is I drop the lemon juice to two bottles, which is about perfect for my blue raspberry, and still a touch high for my peach version. I might try one and a half bottles with my next batch of peach.

Hope this helps.

Back