Back At It After Many Years Off

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diesel44

Junior
Reaction score
Greeting Group,
After around 15 years off, I have started this fun hobby up again. I used to make a lot of wine from wild plants and fruits when I lived in Upstate NY. I’ve started again much out of necessity as I am currently working in a place where alcohol is not allowed. I’ve been experimenting a lot with locally available products over the last 4 months and results have been very good (usually😁), with many thanks to information I’ve acquired from y’all. That’s what printed me to join. I’ll be posting some of my recipes in the near future to help anyone else in the same circumstances.
Best Regards

Welcome to the forum Diesel44. What types of wine are you making lately?

Welcome to the forum Diesel44. What types of wine are you making lately?
Hi,
I’ve made the following as of now:
1) Red grape
2) Pomegranate
3) Apple
4) Blueberry Mead
5) Corn
I’m very limited in what I can purchase in this country, so it’s been a very back to old school basics and quite honestly, they haven’t came out that bad! I know this is the wrong forum, but I’ve also perfected a way to put the alcohol back in NA Beer.

Welcome!
I am currently working in a place where alcohol is not allowed.
Many would just give in and quit drinking. I admire your persistence. 😄

I’ve also perfected a way to put the alcohol back in NA Beer.
My first thought was, well, that's pretty easy. Dump in some vodka/everclear, but I suppose if you can't buy those, one would have to get more creative. I don't think it is a skill I will ever need, but I am still curious how you do it.

Hi,
I’ve made the following as of now:
1) Red grape
2) Pomegranate
3) Apple
4) Blueberry Mead
5) Corn
I’m very limited in what I can purchase in this country, so it’s been a very back to old school basics and quite honestly, they haven’t came out that bad! I know this is the wrong forum, but I’ve also perfected a way to put the alcohol back in NA Beer.
Given the very limited resources, congratulations! Enjoy your wines and A Beer.:D

Welcome!

Many would just give in and quit drinking. I admire your persistence. 😄

My first thought was, well, that's pretty easy. Dump in some vodka/everclear, but I suppose if you can't buy those, one would have to get more creative. I don't think it is a skill I will ever need, but I am still curious how you do it.
25lbs of sugar, nutrients, yeast, water, & a still - I can pull 92% - 94% all day long, but of course that is all theory. I'd nevvvver do that.

25lbs of sugar, nutrients, yeast, water, & a still - I can pull 92% - 94% all day long, but of course that is all theory. I'd nevvvver do that.
Me neither. I don't know a thing about it. Except that you forgot tomato paste in the ingredient list 😉.

I would not describe that which we do not speak of as perfecting a way to put the alcohol back in NA Beer. It's quite a thing to make a neutral spirit. That statement sounds a little more like I have a 6 pack of near beer, and ooops, now it's 7%.

If you're making spirits in a dry camp... Now that it some serious dedication. 😄

Me neither. I don't know a thing about it. Except that you forgot tomato paste in the ingredient list 😉.

I would not describe that which we do not speak of as perfecting a way to put the alcohol back in NA Beer. It's quite a thing to make a neutral spirit. That statement sounds a little more like I have a 6 pack of near beer, and ooops, now it's 7%.

If you're making spirits in a dry camp... Now that it some serious dedication. 😄
It is indeed, a dry camp!

Back