Avery Wine Labels - meant for wine!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roblloyd

Reaction score
Avery has new labels meant for wine! I couldn't get a good link from their website but it's Avery 22809.

From their website:
  • Elegant water-resistant labels are perfect for glass bottles and jars, plastic, metal and paper
  • Print-to-the-edge feature lets you add a full-color background to your brand logo, product name, address or message
  • Specially designed for the wine industry, labels are ideal for branding chilled products as the permanent adhesive and colors stay put when wet
  • Easily customize and print in minutes with free templates and designs from Avery Design & Print Online
  • For use with laser printers

To be honest with you I have never had any trouble with my labels in the fridgerator. I have an ink jet HP office jet printer that takes a higher quality ink. I think it's just more pigment.

My point with these is the label shape. Round/arched top and square bottom. They look really nice!

I'm wondering how hard will they be to remove? Their website says they are permanent and may require adhesive remover.

Rob they sound really cool. The adhesive is probably a reason I would personally stay away from them. I already buy used bottles and bust my butt getting labels off. I don't want to work that hard getting my own off. Keep us posted on what you you find out if you try them.

I already buy used bottles and bust my butt getting labels off. I don't want to work that hard getting my own off. Keep us posted on what you you find out if you try them.

I've been getting a lot of bottles with this self-adhesive labels and must agree they're a task to remove.

Still trying different ways and the heat gun is NOT working for me.

Like Dan, I have an HP ink jet printer and have never had a problem with the ink running. I wonder what the result would be if one used these "for laser printer" labels in an ink jet printer. Anyone waht to hazard a guess on this?

I like the shape of the label. On the other hand, if they are hard to remove, I can live with the rectangle.

I've printed labels that have said for laser on an ink jet before with no problems. I don't currently have an laser printer, I was looking into getting a desk top printer, price is reasonable now and if only using for labels and minor printing the cost of the cartridges isn't bad. I previously had one of the old HP 4L desk top lasers years ago and even at $70.00 for the cartridge 10 years ago, they lasted longer than an inkjet cartridge so it was actually cheaper to use than the ink jet.

I'll post my results if I try to print with my ink jet.

If anyone wants to try my color laser I'd print them for you. Just send me the labels and the file to print. The ink does not run when wet. I've had a bottle soaking in an ice water filled cooler for 2 days and no issues where the toner was. The white part of the label was looking a little water logged though.

I'm tempted to try these labels myself. I'll wait for some feedback on usage and removal. Might be the excuse I needed to get a sandblaster? :)

I have an inkjet. It will be a while before I bottle again. I am still concerned about the fact that they call them permenant and won't peel off in water. Hopefully, just this once I hope it is a missleading statement. LOL

WOW I like those labels. I'm going to staples Saturday to use the 50% off coupon posted earlier this week.

The coupon won't work. It's for Inkjet labels only. I tried... These are labeled Laser. Not even Inkjet/Laser on their.
The computer says no.
Manager said no.

Just a suggestion guys and gals, you can always go to Kinkos, Staples or Office Max and use their printers. Depending on the quantity that you need to print, may work out to be more economical. I was looking at the lasers at Staples a few weeks ago and lowest cost decent one is in the $400-500 range. You can put a lot of sheets of labels through their printer for that money, unless of course you want the laser for all of your printing, not just labels.

The coupon won't work. It's for Inkjet labels only. I tried... These are labeled Laser. Not even Inkjet/Laser on their.
The computer says no.
Manager said no.

I ordered those on line at the regular price. I am using the coupon for inkjet in the store. I usually buy the staples brand (1500 ct) but hopefully Avery will have a large box.

Latest posts

Back