Avery label printing question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrandpasFootsteps

Hillbilly-In-Training
Reaction score
If I use the 8164 / 5164 Avery labels, is there a trick to getting them to print edge-to-edge? My printer has minimum margins. I see a lot of people producing labels here that are all color with no white edges/borders. What I've been doing so far is using the gummed full sheet paper and only printing 4 labels on it. But I'd like to see about using the Avery labels.

When creating the label you bring you image or boarder clear to the edge and it will be that way on each label. The minimum margin you are talking about could be on the entire sheet but not the individual labels.

also if your doing a label with color other than white you can always use that same color for the background color, then when it prints out there won't be any white on the edges of the label

I like to run mine just a fuzz over the avery template guide. This ensures no unwanted white space on my label.

Same thing happens to me. I just trim them up and they work fine. Usually its less than a 1/16 of an inch where there is white on the edges, and its usually one edge. If you bring them to a professional printer they can do it perfect and it really doesn't cost that much - under 1$ per sheet for sure.

Same thing happens to me. I just trim them up and they work fine. Usually its less than a 1/16 of an inch where there is white on the edges, and its usually one edge. If you bring them to a professional printer they can do it perfect and it really doesn't cost that much - under 1$ per sheet for sure.

This is actually a great idea considering the cost of ink my inkjet printer. By professional, do you mean a place like the Walmart / Walgreens photo lab? Or some other type of pro?

yes - just a professional printer, like insty prints, kinko's. I got some done for .60 cents per page, so its better than using up your home printer ink.

I had the same problem with white corners so I design all my labels with white edges. No bleeds.

I place a photo in the middle with maybe a half- three qtr. of an inch on each side. Type above and below. They all look fine and I use less ink plus no trimming.

In the beginning you are picky but trust me after awhile you'll simplify the process. Get them bulk printed or as I said. I'm happy if I can get them on all straight.

Latest posts

Back