Avery Label help

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammyk

Reaction score
OK so we bit the bullet and printed some labels on some Avery sheets I came across. There was 2 sheets left in the package of #8397. Have no idea why I bought them or what I used the others in the package for many years ago.

I have Word 2010 but I don't use it much and it was a struggle to do the labels.

I got the first one done to our liking but could not figure out how to duplicate it to the other 9 labels on the sheet. Tried copy and paste and that did not work. There must be some command in Word 2010 to duplicate the first label to the other 9 labels on the sheet.

I could have written 30 masking tape labels in much less time.... LOL!

Can anyone help so we no longer have masking tape labels? They did not come out too badly on a black laser printer....

Avery has a website that is very clunky but passable. Type Avery Labels in your search engine. Click on "Templates and Software" (in the horizontal menu bar) and choose Design and Print Online. It will ask you for the code for the label you want to design your label and will allow you to use your own images or theirs and will give you a variety of font types, sizes and colors. Clunky but relatively "quick and dirty"...

I did download the template from Avery. I did manage to print labels in word10 but had to copy and paste each line to 9 other labels. Very slow process. There should be a fast copy and past option in word 10 but I could not find it.
I don't have another program to use....

Sammy,

I use publisher and it comes in the office bundle. You have word but noyhing else? Thats strange. Pm me I might be able to help you out.

I thought it might be an easy fix because I am fairly computer stupid. So the next time my computer guru is here I will have him show me. I am a show me type learner...........

Sammyk, if you put your cursor at the top of the page and highlight the first column, now copy, put your cursor over the top of the second column, click paste. You should have your label in the row, now go to the left, click that row, copy it, go to the second row, click to highlight the second row now paste. Do this again for the third row and forth if there is a forth row. You will have a second page but it will be blank, so just delete that. Any problems let me know.

Latest posts

Back