Auto Siphon Getting Clogged, any solution?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cannot take credit for it, but here's what it looks like along side my big racking cane, I just finished this one a few days ago, the old one was perforated vinyl siding. Mine is a 4" pipe, the holes are 7/64", and as @boatboy24 estimated, there are a gajillion holes to be drilled. The skins will cover and block the holes, but a slight spin of the tube while you're racking keeps it pretty clear. It keeps up fine with the autosiphon, but a vacuum racking setup is a little harder to keep up with.

View attachment 31999
I need to make one just like that. What kind of pipe is it? Does it have a cap on the end? What size holes did you drill? Thanks for posting a picture -- worth a thousand words.

I need to make one just like that. What kind of pipe is it? Does it have a cap on the end? What size holes did you drill? Thanks for posting a picture -- worth a thousand words.
It’s schedule 40, 4” diameter pipe, cap on the bottom end. The holes are 7/64” diameter, I’m sure 1/8” would work just fine.

Back