Cellar Craft Austrian Zweigelt Information

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sipper

Reaction score
I'm really curious about the CC Austrian Zweigelt. The marketing description sounds wonderful but then,,,that's what marketing is supposed to do isn't it?
None the less,,,, does anyone out there have any experience with this particular kit?? I'd love to hear your opinions, personal descriptions of taste etc. After all, everyone has different tastes and likes, so I'm open to any and all information you can supply. I have an extremely varied pallet and enjoy many types of wines, foods etc., and this one could be a nice change for the cellar. Comments????????
Sipper

Go to a good wine store and pick up a bottle and see if you like it first.
I don't think you can go wrong with any of the CC Showcase kits.
That particular kit was listed at #78 out of the top 100 wine kits for 2011 in Winemaker magazine so it has won a few medals!

Thanks for the info Mike.

That pretty much cinches it for me. I'm trying to get as many varied selections as I can for my cellar because, (although it is about what I like), I want to share the "fruits" of my labors with friends, and Ilike having a lot of different tastes available. (I'm sure that's nota surprise to you).
Since I started making winelast Christmas, I currently have on shelf, a Cab-Sav, Washington Merlot, Pinot Grigio, Chillean Blend, Valpolicella Ripassa, Super Tuscan, Chateau du Pays, Pacifica white blend, Carmenere, Barolo, Sav Blanc, and a Barbera. A combination of RJS, and CC Showcase, and maybe a GC or two.
I'vedone some sampling ofa couple of splits from the earlier kits, and things reallytaste promising, especially the Chateau du Pays.
The EPAmarone will be ordered on 12/15/11 so I will probably get the Zweigelt at the same time. I'm sure, after what you've told me, that it will be a nice addtion to the cellar. If you are interested in how it turns out, I'll be happy to let you know.

Thanks again Mike!</font>Sipper</font>

</font>

<table style="width: 161pt; border-collapse: collapse;" border="0" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0" width="215">

<colgroup><col style="width: 161pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 7862;" width="215">
<t><tr style="height: 15pt; mso-height-source: userset;" height="20">
<td style="border: 0px green; width: 161pt; height: 15pt; : transparent;" ="xl67" height="20" width="215"></font></td>
</tr>
<tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20">
<td style="border: 0px green; width: 161pt; height: 15pt; : transparent;" ="xl67" height="20" width="215"></font></td>
</tr>
<tr style="height: 30pt;" height="40">
<td style="border: 0px green; width: 161pt; height: 30pt; : transparent;" ="xl68" height="40" width="215"></font></td>
</tr>
<td style="border: 0px green; width: 161pt; height: 30pt; : transparent;" ="xl69" height="40" width="215"></font></td>
</tr>
<td style="border: 0px green; width: 161pt; height: 30pt; : transparent;" ="xl69" height="40" width="215"></font></td>
</tr>
</tr>
<td style="border: 0px green; width: 161pt; height: 15pt; : transparent;" ="xl69" height="20" width="215"></font></td>
</tr>
<td style="border: 0px green; width: 161pt; height: 15pt; : transparent;" ="xl69" height="20" width="215"></font></td>
</tr>
</tr>
</tr>
</tr>
<td style="border: 0px black; width: 161pt; height: 15pt; : transparent;" ="xl66" height="20" width="215"></td>
</tr>
<td style="border: 0px black; width: 161pt; height: 30pt; : transparent;" ="xl66" height="40" width="215"></td>
</tr>

</t></table></font>

Your cellar sounds like its starting to look a a lot like mine. A wine for any food or occasion!

Yes sir! And it's a whole bunch of fun in the process. (Except for the de-gassing). I go at it what seems like forever,,, but,,,,, it pays off. I found that out after my very first kit. I beat the ^%#?/&amp;* out of it now.
Happy Holidays Mike
Sipper

You need to get you a vacuum pump! Much easier to flip a switch and sit back and watch it all come out in about 5-10min.

ibglowin said:
You need to get you a vacuum pump! Much easier to flip a switch and sit back and watch it all come out in about 5-10min.
I looked on George's site for a pump and I'm not sure about pumps. What pumpdo you use Mike?
Sipper

George doesn't carry them. Most people pick up a used Aspirator Pump (medical) on eBay for ~$100. Just make sure that it comes with new hoses and canister (it should but always confirm). They are the perfect solution. You can degas, rack, filter and even bottle with it.

Latest posts

Back