WineXpert Australian Petite Verdot

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jumby

Wine improves with age, I improve with wine
Reaction score
Just found out Winexpert discontinued this kit. That sucks!! This kit has been in my yearly rotation for years.

On a happier note. My newest addition the cellar.

wine.jpg

Oh POOOOOH! I just got a bottle of Petit Verdot from a wine club in the Santa Ynes valley, and it is wonderful. I told myself that I would have to make a kit. Then I saw your message, so I did a quick search, and sure enough of my regular sources, and I couldn't find one. A little more searching, and I found that Walmart of all places. They had 6 kits left. $140 with free shipping. They now have 5 left.

and then there was 4,,,,, :b

Jumby,

I guess you realized that Walmart lied to us. There was no inventory, and they cancelled my order. So I started a thorough search and found, what I think is the last Petit Verdot kit in the country. 'Just got it yesterday, so I'm really anxious to see how it comes out. Any suggestions on yeast selection, etc? Or did you just make it "by the book"? How long does it take to mature?

Jumby,

I guess you realized that Walmart lied to us. There was no inventory, and they cancelled my order. So I started a thorough search and found, what I think is the last Petit Verdot kit in the country. 'Just got it yesterday, so I'm really anxious to see how it comes out. Any suggestions on yeast selection, etc? Or did you just make it "by the book"? How long does it take to mature?
My neighbor ordered 1 too and the same thing happened to his order. They canceled it and said it wasn't available. I pretty much made this kit by the book other then adding a cup of raisins to the primary and tossing in a medium toast oak spiral during bulk ageing. I usually bulk age anywhere from 3-6 months before bottling. IMHO I think this kit matures in about a year. With that said I have 6 batches in the cellar ranging from 6 months to 3 years old.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back