Austin grape juice buckets

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Robert R Unfortunately I am going to have to skip this year as me and my wife are expecting our first baby this year, about 4 weeks before the pick-up time frame.
However, if you are willing to take a drive out to Deschain cellars in Gainesville TX you could pick it up there.
Local Distributors — F. Colavita & Son here is the list of distributors.

I am pretty bummed out about not being able to do it this year, but I am sure I can do it again next year.

don't know where in Texas you are but I picked my grapes and juice up in Gainesville TX last year. Might be the one that was unresponsive to your emails. Anyway I know they will get grapes and juice again this year

I don't know how far you are from Northwest Arkansas but I am a distributor for Colavita over there,
and have plenty of room left for additional orders.
I am moving to the Dallas area next month from Chicago. Plenty of places in the Chicago area for grapes and juice buckets. Having a hard time locating sources. Who in Gainesville distribute grapes and juice buckets? Also, coming from a northern climate we are used to doing everything in basements, temperatures never above 70 degrees. No basements in Texas. Where is everyone making their wine during initial fermentation and storage? Texas environment a lot different than Chicago.

Yeah I miss basements. A lot of us in Texas make our wine in food grade garbage cans we keep in the bathtub so we can surround with ice baths if it gets too hot or buy lotsa dry ice.....

I live in Canada and a lot of the most common juice buckets available produce a low quality product. There are some fresh juice buckets from Chile at half again the price. Anyone out there have experience with fresh Chilean juice?
Also, what has been your experience with frozen juice?

over the last few years the Chilean buckets have been low on TA and gravity excellent. There are several growing areas and I can’t offer which the club has sourced, but the routing is frozen to Canada then frozen through Detroit customs to us.
Fresh? ? ? we can get fresh grapes from Chile but a juice product in a bucket should have been frozen.
I live in Canada and a lot of the most common juice buckets available produce a low quality product. There are some fresh juice buckets from Chile at half again the price. Anyone out there have experience with fresh Chilean juice?
Also, what has been your experience with frozen juice?

I am moving to the Dallas area next month from Chicago. Plenty of places in the Chicago area for grapes and juice buckets. Having a hard time locating sources. Who in Gainesville distribute grapes and juice buckets? Also, coming from a northern climate we are used to doing everything in basements, temperatures never above 70 degrees. No basements in Texas. Where is everyone making their wine during initial fermentation and storage? Texas environment a lot different than Chicago.
Hey Steve,

in Gainesville TX the distributor is Willem who owns Deschain Cellars.
here is the page that has his contact information Local Distributors — F. Colavita & Son
I really enjoyed picking up with him the last few years, he is a very cool guy who loves to share his winemaking knowledge and his wines.
Pick-up day is always fun, several home winemakers show up and bring some of their wines to share.

Latest posts

Back