Ausie Gal making Jaboticaba wine :)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deanne reeves

Junior
Reaction score
hey guys we are new to the wine making and our jaboticaba have given us around 15 kgs of fruit.
I have searched this forum for others who have made jaboticaba wine and and comparing their recipes

So we are thinking
15 kg fruit
7.5 liters of water ( for full body use 6 liters water )
2. Kg sugar
10g Yeast nutrient
72 hrs to leave skins in for a full red colour wine

Any tips and tricks would be appreciated :)
Thankyou

Reading the description of the fruit sounds interesting. Keep us posted and post pictures of the process.

Oh Yeah, remember to take an SG reading before you start fermentation.

Update we have processed 12 kg fruit mashed it down ,and placed into a mesh nylon bag 6 litres of water 7 grams of nutrient, 1 packet of yeast .and we are ready :) hoping to the booze Gods that it’ all works out and everything was sterile enough ... here’s hoping

Attachments

• DA31BCB3-2E65-43A8-9E03-270229FA9230.jpeg
    DA31BCB3-2E65-43A8-9E03-270229FA9230.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 23
  • E2699572-5969-4DC9-B528-BC5FD12AE227.jpeg
    E2699572-5969-4DC9-B528-BC5FD12AE227.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
did you check the SG? I would have expected a sugar add to get the SG high enough.

Reading we forgot to do initially but did it a few hrs later 1.085 had a little taste this morning she’s a very sweet wine at the moment hopefully over the next 60 hours the tannins will make it more complex and mellow the sweetness levels lol

hey guys we are new to the wine making and our jaboticaba have given us around 15 kgs of fruit.
I have searched this forum for others who have made jaboticaba wine and and comparing their recipes

So we are thinking
15 kg fruit
7.5 liters of water ( for full body use 6 liters water )
2. Kg sugar
10g Yeast nutrient
72 hrs to leave skins in for a full red colour wine

Any tips and tricks would be appreciated :)
Thankyou

I have not made jaboticaba wine yet, but I have two trees and have been freezing fruit until I have enough. I'm almost there, probably will make it this summer.

I think you are on the right track here. You probably could have stretched this to 3 gallons. I agree with pulling skins at 72 hours, I think you will risk bitterness with extended skin time.

Then again, this is my favorite jaboticaba wine video:

Latest posts

Back