• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wine Making Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Attention Ohio area winemakers!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocky

Chronologically Gifted Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My bride and I are selling our home in Ohio and heading for “God's Waiting Room” (Florida). I will be selling the winemaking equipment listed below. With the exception of the wine press, it is what I use on a regular basis to make wine, so most all of the equipment is used:

List updated to reflect additions and sales, as of 3:30 PM, 2-13-21

22 carboys/jugs:
8 each 6 gallon glass ($25), 9 each 5 gallon glass ($20), 1 each 3 gallon ($12), 4 each 1 gallon glass ($3). All carboys will be supplied with a stopper and an airlock while supply lasts.
Wine press, Berraducci Brothers, McKeesport, PA. All there, works great, needs thorough cleaning and sanitizing ($300) (see pics)
14 gallon lab jar (see pics), very thick glass ($100)
Italian floor corker (with the "NorCal" mod!) ($75) (see pics)
Fermenters: 2 each 20 gallon Brute with top and spigot ($15 each), 7.9 gallon with top and spigot ($5) (see pics)
Used Wine bottles: I have 30-40 cases of wine bottles, de-labeled and cleaned but not sanitized, all cork finish, mostly dark but some clear ($5). Most bottles are Bordeaux style but there are a few cases of Burgundy style.
Bottling Corks, Nomacorc's #9 x 1 1/2", bags of 100 ($12)

Note:
All carboys are glass and empty, sold in a plastic juice bucket for easy transportation. They are clean but not sanitized.

Reply to this posting if you are interested in any of the above. If you require further information, let me know.
Thank you.

100_1702.JPG100_1703.JPG100_1704.JPG100_1705.JPG

Last edited:
See updated inventory at first posting, above, for items remaining for sale.

More glass carboys added that were found packed away or on loan... Still, $25 for a 6 gallon, $20 for a 5 gallon. Number of cases of wine bottles: 6 brown/green Bordeaux, 10 clear Bordeaux and 2 brown Burgundy.

AS of 7:00 PM 2-19-21

Last edited:
After you get down south are you still going to come on here and see us once in a while?? Sure gonna miss ya if you don't. Arne.
Thank you for the kind words, Arne. Yes, I plan to stay active on the forum and I probably will keep a carboy or two and make wine in the kitchen if I have the space. There won't be a basement, that is for sure.

Thank you for the kind words, Arne. Yes, I plan to stay active on the forum and I probably will keep a carboy or two and make wine in the kitchen if I have the space. There won't be a basement, that is for sure.
You don’t have to have a basement, just a bit of A/C to make wine.in the South! What part of FL you headed to?

You don’t have to have a basement, just a bit of A/C to make wine.in the South! What part of FL you headed to?
John, We are anticipating moving to Bonita Springs on the gulf side just north of Naples. There is a small golf course community called Hunters Ridge that we really like. The problem is there is nothing for sale at present, but properties come and go on a regular basis. We plan to rent in the meantime.

John, We are anticipating moving to Bonita Springs on the gulf side just north of Naples. There is a small golf course community called Hunters Ridge that we really like. The problem is there is nothing for sale at present, but properties come and go on a regular basis. We plan to rent in the meantime.
I know the area, spent some time in the Ft. Myers / Cape Coral area during one of my single eras, its a nice area. When you have your first hurricane evacuation, come visit, plenty wine to go around.

See updated inventory at first posting, above, for items remaining for sale.

More glass carboys added that were found packed away or on loan... Still, $25 for a 6 gallon, $20 for a 5 gallon. Number of cases of wine bottles: 6 brown/green Bordeaux, 10 clear Bordeaux and 2 brown Burgundy.

AS of 7:00 PM 2-19-21

Rocky, I tried to get in touch with you a couple of times.

Did you get my message with my address so you could send the bottling parts for the Vacuum pump?

Also if you have the information for the two wines what were in the carboys I would appreciate that also.

Thanks Neil

Rocky, I tried to get in touch with you a couple of times.

Did you get my message with my address so you could send the bottling parts for the Vacuum pump?

Also if you have the information for the two wines what were in the carboys I would appreciate that also.

Thanks Neil
Neil, I sent you the shipping information via PM.

I can give you the information on the wines if you tell me which wines they are. That is, what was on the label on the carboys?

My bride and I are selling our home in Ohio and heading for “God's Waiting Room” (Florida). I will be selling the winemaking equipment listed below.

List updated to reflect additions and sales, as of 2:00 PM, 2-28-21

Jugs:
12 each 1 gallon glass ($3).
14 gallon lab jar (see pics), very thick glass ($100)
Fermenters: 20 gallon Brute with top and spigot ($15 each), 7.9 gallon with top and spigot ($5) (see pics)
Used Wine bottles: I have 10 of clear Bordeaux style bottles and 2 cases of Burgundy style bottles. ($5 per case)
Bottling Corks, Nomacorc's #9 x 1 1/2", bags of 100 ($12)

Note:
All carboys are glass and are clean but not sanitized.

Reply to this posting if you are interested in any of the above. If you require further information, let me know.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Back