Atmosphere Italian Amarone

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone here made this? Is it a good kit? Would love to hear what is your experience. I am thinking of tweaking a little, using 1lb raisins and maybe 2 lbs of wild blueberries. Have not opened the package yet, so do not know what kind of yeast is in it. If the yeast is ec1118 or similar I will change to RC212 or BM4x4. Any suggestions or thoughts?

I found out it is formerly KenRidge Showcase. The new name is Vineco Atmosphere. I hope this info will help to get any experiences here. Thanks.

I haven't made this particular Amarone, so grain of salt should be given. Raisins, probably, if none are supplied with the kit. Blueberries, I don't know that I would add those, it isn't a flavor I normally associate with Amarone wine. Yeast, since I normally age my kits, particularly Amarone, for two years or more, yeast changes aren't something I normally do. Extra tannins are something I do usually add, as well as forego the potassium sorbate.

Thanks for answer. I have usually used really cheap kits. They need moore body. I have read and experienced that blueberrys is easily overpowered by red grape juice. I thought they will give body and color without changing the taste. I just let them sit 3-4 days before squesing carefully and taking out the bag of the bucket. To not get flavours from the blueberry seeds..

Back