At the risk of repeating ourselves(myself)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
When I first joined this forum I was as green as a leprechaun on this holy Irish day. I may look back to see what my first post was just for a laugh.

Before I asked my first question, I think I looked at every single post, in every catagory that was ever posted. And I admit I was more confused then I was before I began.:)

I admit, I have probably asked questions to all of you in here that have been asked by someone before me, and have probably asked a question that you have answered FOR me in the past.

I am writing this post however, to encourage all of the new members, and even some of us who have been around in here for a time to first search for your answer. I realize the search feature in here may not be as sophisticated as other search features on other web forums, but I have found personally, I can find answers to almost anything just by trying this first. hell, I have even went back and used the "my topics" feature to remind myself of a reply to a question that I, myself have posted.

Using this feature may get an answer quicker, and if it doesn't it may make your inquiry a bit more qualified and you may get a more qualified response.

I am by no means trying to discourage ANYONE, for ANY reason from posting there questions or concerns. I hope I can speak on behalf of all of those who make this forum worth coming to, in saying, the same questions keep coming up time after time, and the repetition is getting old. Plastic or glass?, etc.

Although we never see our "fearless leader", TXBREW, I believe he started this site as a place for all of us to exchange info, advice, and encouragement.

And so in conclusion. PLEASE SEARCH YOUR QUESTION FIRST, if you can. If you need an answer for something right away, post it. Hopefully, and most likely, someone will be able to get you an answer quick.

And to all my friends here, and those I have yet to meet.

Viva la Vino

Troy M. Sauve
:D

Last edited:
Have been doing just that Troy, hence my silence. Ive learnt a lot off this site and although I have lots more to learn I feel so much more confident now! Have 5 wines on the go, dying to try one, but shall be patient! Will buy wine from the bottle store in the meantime! Dont like the idea of drinknig anything that takes like rocket fuel or vinegar, so can wait quite happily! :D

Don't take me wrong my fellow maker, my point was only to make this site just a useful as possible for all of us. Lord knows I have learned more here than I could ever return.
Troy

Not taken wrong at all Troy! I totally agree...I used to be part of an art talk forum where every new person onboard asked the same question about the same things, the amount of times we answered those few questions it should have come up in searches many times over!

Its always hard as a newbie to get around sites and work out how it works never mind wanting to know what how where why etc and NOW!!!! I find it refreshing to be somewhere I know nothing and learning off you experienced people! its great and I really appreciate all the help I get both from your replies to my questions and searching the answers out myself on here.

Now can I ask a stupid question...???? Just kidding!!!! Those will come when I suddenly realise I dont know what Im doing :D

I am writing this post however, to encourage all of the new members, and even some of us who have been around in here for a time to first search for your answer.

I'm popping head for the very first time (look at my post count) to say that it's exactly what I've been doing since the day I joined. My very first batch is now resting peacefully in the basement after surviving fermentation and I'm quite confident in what I'm doing. Thanks to this forum and all the good info I was able to search for. Even the controversial topics like carboy vs. bottle fermenting. Very helpful place and people. :)

Cheers!

Well what else is there to do in Alaska? ( pictures a man sitting by a hole cut in the ice.. with a fishing rod)

hehehe

by the way Troy.. you have mail!

Allie

Latest posts

Back