Asian fonts and wingdings

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneStarLori

Veteran wino, newbie vintner
Reaction score
I don't see that anyone has addressed this, but there are pages here, pretty random that contain wingdings and Asian fonts in the static pages. This was brought to my atten by another forum member and I have seen the same. Seems to be a PC thing. Doesn't appear on my iPad. Has anyone else seen it?

Not sure why, I am not seeing any. maybe it is an IE thing, I am using Firefox.

I didn't check it on Firefox or Chrome, this was on IE. I can't get it to duplicate today.

jibberish.JPG

I use IE and have not had that issue.
Are there any language settings on here? Only thought I could have.

Yes, I see those. I thought they were ads. Couldn't understand why they were showing up.

Steve

None with chrome. That is really odd and would get my attention.

Pam in cinti

fonts

their not going away sometimes their on the top and bottom or top and sides, are we being hacked???:wy

This has been going on for months. I brought it to the owner's attention and he asked me to right click the ad and copy the url to send him. Unfortunately when I do that, it does not bring up any url to copy. One of those weird unexplained things I guess.

Yes I see those sometimes and wondered what they were. Figured a hack of some kind to get you to click on it and screw up your computer!!::

I'm using an older version of IE and have never seen what you describe so maybe it is not operating system specific

cheers

Latest posts

Back