As bourbon booms, thirst for rare brands breeds skullduggery

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jswordy

Reaction score
SALEM, Ore. (AP) — Buttery, smooth, oaky. These are characteristics of the best bourbons, and a growing cult of aficionados is willing to pay an astonishing amount of money for these increasingly scarce premium American spirits — and even bend or break laws.

Premium spirits have always been expensive and sought-after. But a surge in interest in high-end bourbon has made finding that elusive bottle even more difficult. Distillers have upped production to try to meet increased demand, but before the whiskey reaches stores and bars, it must age for years and even decades. Scarcity has changed what some fans are willing to do to obtain the most sought-after bourbon.

https://www.wane.com/top-stories/as-bourbon-booms-thirst-for-rare-brands-breeds-skullduggery/

BTW, that Netflix show is good! Three episodes, all different.

I’m sure this is going on in other states. Liquor in Ohio is tightly controlled by the state. so I wouldn’t be surprised that the people running it get their choice of of the rare bourbons. Ohio isn’t exactly known for ethical politicians. 🤣.

I’m sure this is going on in other states. Liquor in Ohio is tightly controlled by the state. so I wouldn’t be surprised that the people running it get their choice of of the rare bourbons. Ohio isn’t exactly known for ethical politicians.
The joke in NC is that we should take our governor to prison the day after the election to save time ...

Latest posts

Back