Aronia berry Wine

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

GreginND

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Here's an article on 'Viking' and 'Nero' varieties. The fruit apparently is very similar but the bush growth is a little different. Vikings are taller and more upright, while Nero is shorter.

http://uncommonfruit.cias.wisc.edu/aronia-black-chokeberry/

There are a few other varieties too. I think McKenzies are planted in ND with good success.. They all should grow well in ND.

Waynorth

Junior
Reaction score

GreginND

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anywhere from 3-5 pounds per gallon depending on the fruit intensity. I like to start SG at 1.090. I’ve had good luck with 71b for the yeast. It can take some oak during aging. I usually sweeten it a little off dry about 1-2% RS to balance when I bottle.

Reaction score
Hi All.
I make ARONIA wine in different ways. I would like to share with you my favourite.
Make 70/30 mixture of aronia/sour apple, squished juices. Also add some wild dark plums, I add 3-5% of total juice. Of course remove seeds from plums.

If I have, for example 25liter of mixture, I add 25l of sugar syrup. I usually make it 23Blg or 15 + 8Blg. Don't forget 4Blg mistake for not sugars. So first make juice 23Blg and then add syrup 15Blg. Then after some time add calculated sugar, missing 8Blg.

I hope it's clear to all who read it. Forgive me my poor English and metric system.

Wine will be dark, and people will not forget the taste. Unfortunately I can't take a picture of taste.
20191230_202052~2.jpg20191230_202029~2.jpg

Latest posts

Group Builder