Aroma Wheel

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very interesting. I believe that if I tasted most of the items on this wheel, I would think that that I had really screwed up. Sweaty, diesel,tar, sauerkraut,green beans I would probably want to throw it down the drain.
Brad

very good tool...i used to have something similar for what oak and various toast levels do...but cant find it anymore....thanks for sharing

We used this Aroma Wheel in out meeting at times. think about it close your eyes and describe the taste of what you are drinking. It's harder than you think.
:dg

Very interesting. I believe that if I tasted most of the items on this wheel, I would think that that I had really screwed up. Sweaty, diesel,tar, sauerkraut,green beans I would probably want to throw it down the drain.
Brad

Pick up a copy of Wine Spectator, and read some of the descriptions they have in the back, if you read enough you will start laughing.

This wheel lacks one of the most common descriptions I hear for red wine... leather.

The Aroma Wheel provides a visual graphic of the different categories and aroma components that one can encounter in wine. The terminology used is standardized for use by both professionals and amateur wine tasters. The aroma wheel does not contain terms to describe texture or mouthfeel, however these are listed in the Australian "Mouthfeel Wheel".

Back