Other Argentia Merlot kit-Costco

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinwakr

Reaction score
Bottled my Costco Argentia Ridge Merlot kit today, doesn’t taste like a Merlot I am used to, will it taste better with aging? I know this is a very cheap kit at $85.00/2 kits, [emoji15].
What’s the minimum I should let it sit?

Attachments

• IMG_0507.JPG
    IMG_0507.JPG
    303.8 KB · Views: 34
Bottled my Costco Argentia Ridge Merlot kit today, doesn’t taste like a Merlot I am used to, will it taste better with aging? I know this is a very cheap kit at $85.00/2 kits, [emoji15].
What’s the minimum I should let it sit?

Probably a few months, these kits are cheap but palatable... However they do balance out with age. I re-use the grapeksins from my more expensive kits in the Costco kits. I add additional oak and more wine tannin, they are great for topping up or if you have company that thinks wine is wine...or even a glass with dinner during the week.

I found with the Argentia about 3-4 months mellowed them nicely. They were never great, but certainly drinkable as table wine while I built up a supply of aged higher end kits. Word of warning if Costco ever has the Europea kits run far away, about 5 years ago it was all my Costco had so I thought I would try them in 30 years of wine making they remain the only kits I dumped down the drain.

Latest posts

Back