Are You Ready?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boatboy24

No longer a newbie, but still clueless.
Reaction score
Should be a little north of 80% here.

depositphotos_163301514_original.jpg

Just so that you all know and are warned. After all of this hype, if it rains or is overcast, I WILL be laughing my head off!!!

I know that this is a rare occurrence, but to me it is no big deal if the moon's orbit takes it in front of the sun. I seems to me to hardly be the "life changing" event that some folks tout.

Lol, weather for today is be cloudy all day and so far it is cloudy!

Just drove by the Udvar-Hazy Air and Space museum next to Dulles. Evidently, they have a few thousand pairs of eclipse glasses to give away today. There was a backup about a mile long to get into the place.

Gonna be a complete bust here. Solid clouds and rainy since last night and all this AM Supposed to be 75% totality here.

Should be decent here. Pouring rain this morning then the sun came out. Just kind of hazy now. We are almost directly in the path here in Omaha.

I made 5 pinhole projector boxes, 3 for my family and 2 for work. We'll get 72% here and it's nice and clear skies right now.
wish I got some glasses but I snoozed on ordering them.

About 3/4 covered here. Very clear shots here. Glad everyone that traveled up here is getting a good show.

Unfortunately, there was lots of smoke from nearby wildfires. However, this really only prevented us from seeing a lot of stars. We could see Venus during totality, but that was about it. Nonetheless, it was a really, really cool sight. Very surreal. The following picture does not do it justice (due to issues of dynamic range of my camera, I suspect).

total eclipse.jpg

We were in the 70% range of the path here in Dallas, I made a viewer box and the people here at work loved it.

Great video @Stressbaby

TXWineDuo

Latest posts

Back