Quantcast

Are You Ready?

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

JohnT

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just so that you all know and are warned. After all of this hype, if it rains or is overcast, I WILL be laughing my head off!!!

I know that this is a rare occurrence, but to me it is no big deal if the moon's orbit takes it in front of the sun. I seems to me to hardly be the "life changing" event that some folks tout.

Julie

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lol, weather for today is be cloudy all day and so far it is cloudy!

Boatboy24

No longer a newbie, but still clueless.
Reaction score
Just drove by the Udvar-Hazy Air and Space museum next to Dulles. Evidently, they have a few thousand pairs of eclipse glasses to give away today. There was a backup about a mile long to get into the place.

geek

Still lost.....
Reaction score
I guess I will watch it online....Walmart around all this area ran out quickly.....:(

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Gonna be a complete bust here. Solid clouds and rainy since last night and all this AM Supposed to be 75% totality here.

Kraffty

Reaction score
We're at 60%, marine layer is clearing now, supposed to be at it's max at about 10:20. It should at least dim down quite a bit for a few.
Mike

wineforfun

Still Trying To Make The Perfect Wine and Now Tryi
Reaction score
Should be decent here. Pouring rain this morning then the sun came out. Just kind of hazy now. We are almost directly in the path here in Omaha.

GreenEnvy22

Reaction score
I made 5 pinhole projector boxes, 3 for my family and 2 for work. We'll get 72% here and it's nice and clear skies right now.
wish I got some glasses but I snoozed on ordering them.

wineforfun

Still Trying To Make The Perfect Wine and Now Tryi
Reaction score
About 3/4 covered here. Very clear shots here. Glad everyone that traveled up here is getting a good show.

sour_grapes

Victim of the Invasion of the Avatar Snatchers
Reaction score
Unfortunately, there was lots of smoke from nearby wildfires. However, this really only prevented us from seeing a lot of stars. We could see Venus during totality, but that was about it. Nonetheless, it was a really, really cool sight. Very surreal. The following picture does not do it justice (due to issues of dynamic range of my camera, I suspect).

total eclipse.jpg

TXWineDuo

Reaction score
We were in the 70% range of the path here in Dallas, I made a viewer box and the people here at work loved it.

Great video @Stressbaby

TXWineDuo