Are we a bunch of overweight folks?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not necessarily trying to hint that that you are .. um.. hefty but if you tend to click on the bait even once then others who buy that information send out more of the bait intended to attract you. Get an ad blocker...

I get zero ads/spam on here. Not sure why. I use AdBlock Plus, but that wouldn't be blocking posts on here. I stay logged in - not sure if that makes a difference.

Yes, these spam are posts. Adblock has no control over such spam. You may not see them because @dralarms is tirelessly deleting them before you see them.

I saw one this morning, they look like this:

Selection_004.png

Last edited:
They’re getting smarter, I’m seeing some that the forum software is missing.

It is a war of attrition.

You improve your software filtering.

The spammers improve ways around it.

The only real "solution" is human editing. I run a small forum. And no new user gets to post anything until approved. That stops all the spam eventually. Yes, the spammers keep trying, but eventually they learn it is a lost cause and move on. But it comes at a human time cost to approve all new user posts and topics, and reduces the forum's real time access for new users. But, quite frankly, most new users will tolerate the wait to get their first post or comment approved if done within 24 hours if informed at first signup that this wait will occur. They are not calling 911, only posting on a forum.

Latest posts

Back