ArcticSid never left

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was wondering where you went man lol, i figured you got turned into a polar bear snack or something. And heck yea on the ALT wine forum, its like christmas came early for me lol.

Whine thats the plant allright, but it produces a flower before it develops the actual hip. Around here you have about the first two weeks in June to gather the petals and then they fall off and the plant goes on to its next stage.

I will see if I can find the photos of the petals or I will post one here in a bit.

It has a very light rose like fragrance. Nothing like you are thinking of when you think of the roses you buy for your best gal.

but the photos you posted are exactly the plant I harvest the flowers from. They probabl arent an officiasl rose from a botanists stand point, but they do resemble one in their scent. They make a nice dry wine.

Actually Dale, I thnk you may have them in Michigan.

I thnk it is Russ who is making a Lilac wine. I have my eye on those to. They should be ready for a full flower in the next couple weeks. They have a beautiful ight scent and I have a feeling, they too would make a wonderful wine. I am not interested in dandelions, to much bending over.

Even these rose hip flowers seem to be easier to arvest then berries.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back