Apricot wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goodfella

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I picked a bunch of apricots today. Obviously for wine... This is my first run at Apricot. I plan on using a recipe very similar to my Peach wine from last year.

I noticed some people suggested using lemon juice instead of acid blend... is there a reason for that?

Lbs. per gallon advise???

Ect. ect.

Thanks for any help or advise...

Joel

Lemon juice adds not only acid but it also adds flavor which can work out very well.

Next point is that lemon juice contains only citric acid.
An acid blend contains a blend of 3 acids : malic, citric and tartaric.

Personally I like the freshness of citric acid and I think that would suit the apricot wine very well.
Your apricot wine will be a white whine or at most have a very slight blush (mine did) and therefore the crisp freshness of citric acid is in my opinion best.

Most people however think that lemon juice is very acidic. Well compared to pure powdered acid it is not. You will be surprised if you measure acidity.

I once wrote a story on how to replace citric acid with lemon juice and the other way round. The story also tells you the math for replacing the juice for acid and the other way round.

You can find it here:
http://wijnmaker.blogspot.com/2008/03/citroensap-lemon-juice.html

Luc

I am considering doing a mix (lemon/acid blend)

GREAT article Luc!!! Thanks

Latest posts

Back