Apricot wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goodfella

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I am going to be starting a Apricot wine in the next couple days. Here is the recipe I plan on using....

Any suggestiong are welcome.

5 Gallons...

30 lbs Apricots
3 lbs Golden raisins
2 cans Welch's white grape
Light Brown sugar
nutrient
energizer
Pectic enzyme
tannin 1-1/2 tsp
1 lemon juice and zest
Acid blend (test to .70ish)
Capmden
Water

Suggestions welcome..

Biggest challenge in making Apricot wine from my experience was body, acidity and clearing. It sounds like you are aware of these and have properly filled those gaps, so the only thing I could suggest is adding extra pec enzyme as Apricot can be hard to clear sometimes. Also I wouldn't go too high on the alcohol content as apricot is delicate.

When I made a batch I also made an Fpac and sweetened to a final S.G of 1.01, but that is subjective to your style and taste.

Looks great Goodfella, sounds like you have a winner there.

Thanks Buddy,

Yeah... I also planned on using extra Pectic enzyme. I learned that the hard way on a peach wine.

That recipe Sounds almost like the batch I started 10 months ago. Just did bottle it last week and will let it age for at least 6 more months. I used dried apricots that I reconstituted in some boiling water along with raisins. At bottling it was pretty good just tasted a bit young yet

BOB

Cool. I am looking forward to it.

By the way Bob....

I opened a bottle of last years Apple wine. It was so good!!! I was really excited. Now I see why you make so much. Thanks for your tips and advice about it last year.

Joel

Looking good so far...

I am going to pitch the yeast tommorrow.

I plan on using Champagne yeast. Unless anyone has a different recommendation????

Thanks,

Joel

I made Apricot last year from fresh. I used Cote des Blancs

Goodfella said:
Hi everybody,

I am going to be starting a Apricot wine in the next couple days. Here is the recipe I plan on using....

Any suggestiong are welcome.

5 Gallons...

30 lbs Apricots
3 lbs Golden raisins
2 cans Welch's white grape
Light Brown sugar
nutrient
energizer
Pectic enzyme
tannin 1-1/2 tsp
1 lemon juice and zest
Acid blend (test to .70ish)
Capmden
Water

Suggestions welcome..

Looks OK but start @ 1.080 AND plan on a f-pac

Will Do.... F-pack

I started at 1.085... But I could thin it a bit if needed...

THANKS GUYS!!!!

I'm thinking Cote des blancs...

Latest posts

Back