Apricot wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goodfella

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I picked a bunch of apricots today. Obviously for wine... This is my first run at Apricot. I plan on using a recipe very similar to my Peach wine from last year.

I noticed some people suggested using lemon juice instead of acid blend... is there a reason for that?

Lbs. per gallon advise???

Ect. ect.

Thanks for any help or advise...

Joel

I dont see any reason except for maybe not wanting anymore malic or tartaric acid in this wine and I dont think apricots are high in either of those but if so just use citric instead of the blend. I have never used lemon as a substitute so I dont have an answer for as how much lemon to use. but probably the juice of 1 lemon per gallon at most.

I would guess it is a matter of flavor. The acid blend would give a plain sourness, where the lemon or lime has a distinct fruit taste.

Yeah... I think I am going to do mix Acid blend/Lemons. Or just use acid blend and lemon zest. I think the subtle lemon flavor will be nice with Apricot.

I made Apricot wine last year. Be prepared to add a F-Pac and back sweeten.
How many #'s per gal you using? Recipe?

I was thinking about 6 #'s per gallon, and using a f-pack and sweetening. I have not put the recipe together yet.... but I will post it soon.

Thats around what I did but 6 gallon batch (40#'s). I also steam juiced them (apricots)

just remember this type of fruit is very delicate and the taste can be lost very quickly if not balanced out perfectly,even with a fpac,most times the over all balance is not there,thats why Brande's are made with them and other potent fare very few wines....but try none the less thats the beauty of are art form,if you first don't like the canvas,reuse it..
smiley36.gif

Joeswine,
Nice to have you back from those PC problems

Latest posts

Back