Apricot too clear or good?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stdkls28

Winemakin Texan
Reaction score
Is this too clear or is it about right for this type of fruit? Image taken after almost 24 hours after I added my Sparkolloid.

mms_picture.jpg

Its OK but there will be more. Wait 3 - 4 weeks and rack then repeat. Did you add meta and sorbate? R U gonna back sweeten or f-pac?

I wait 6 weeks for my wines to clear when I use Sparkolloid. Ususlly by 30 days all is out but there are other factores involved. Have you degasses the wine. Excess CO2 will hold sediment in suspension. The temps. where the wine is clearing.

If you can, be patient. You will be glad you did. Wouldn't want sediment showing up in your bottles later,

Its OK but there will be more. Wait 3 - 4 weeks and rack then repeat. Did you add meta and sorbate? R U gonna back sweeten or f-pac?

Yes i added meta and sorbate either 24 or 48 hours before adding FPAC and then waited another 24 hrs before adding the clearing agent. Was that the correct order?

I know kits have you add the k-meta and sorbate then immediately add the f pac but its best to wait at least a few days in between to make sure the sorbate has intigrated well with the wine, it reduces the risk of renewed fermentation. I always let my wine sit for 2 weeks after adding a fining agent to let the lees compact nicel making it harder to disturb the lees when racking.

Latest posts

Back