Apple wine, questions with Jack Keller's recipe

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Dawg,
I'm making notes on what method not to do next year as I am on the verge of a not successful ferment. I like your idea above, just wondering what specific gravity you shot for as the starter. I'm also assuming you added sugar after the apples softened and were mixed.
Thanks!
been outta pocket, Hospital again, my wines are a different animal, first i go way fruit heavy, and most of my FSG is 1.040, for balance, with that said lighter flavor wines, SSG 1.080 or so heaver flavors or flavors that hide the taste of alcohol SSG 1.100 an up. again i make nothing but country wines so different set of rules,
Dawg

been outta pocket, Hospital again, my wines are a different animal, first i go way fruit heavy, and most of my FSG is 1.040, for balance, with that said lighter flavor wines, SSG 1.080 or so heaver flavors or flavors that hide the taste of alcohol SSG 1.100 an up. again i make nothing but country wines so different set of rules,
Dawg
Thanks Dawg,
Hope you are better, never good to hear "hospital, again". When we finally get the time to do all this fun stuff, unfortunately other things go along. It would be a wonderful world to have mandatory retirement at 55! By the time the government says we can retire we are wore out!! Fortunately this hobby isn't that strenuous so we can do it for a good many years!!
Most of the wines I have been making have a starting sg at about 1.090, haven't tried anything above that yet.

Back