Apple Spice Wine tastes yummy

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winemaker_3352

Reaction score
So i racked my apple spice wine yesterday - and drew a little sample. Man did it taste good. It has only been about 2 months - so i still have some clearing time - but this should be excellent come christmas time!!!

I liked both batches of spiced apple we made so far. I made an fpac to back sweeten to mine and brought the acid to about .7%. The apple taste is a bit more prominent which is what I was shooting for. I have the second batch of 15 bottles sitting on trhe shelf in the basement all sealed up in a box so I can't get to it. It will be good come fall. Right now it is about 4 months old.

When you guys made your wines what did you use to start it ? Was it pressed apples or apple cider .

sounds fantastic, i LOVE apple wine!!! may need to grab that recipie offa ya!

LOL hey im the new chick here i need more indepth instructions than that!!! LOL!

I have 3 gallons of apple wine again right now.
I used about 18lbs of apples cored, de-seeded cut crushed and boiled. 2 cans of 100% organic apple juice concentrate water. Added enough water and concentrate to get the SG up to 1.085.
Used EC1118. Yeast nutrient. and pectic enzyme. Apple will drop tons of sediment and take a while to clear. Cinnamon Sticks and cloves can be put into a straining bag.

Apple wine is awesome. I have a decent supply and still have 6 gallons in carboy from last year so wont be picking any this year.

I plan on doing a 6 gallon batch this year. One of the larger farm markets here will provide fresh squeezed Juice for about $3 a gallon if you provide the container. I'll probably pick up a bucket of that from them and then also enough apples to make a 3 gallon batch from scratch. This current batch I did not put ginger in it and you can definately taste the difference.

The recipe I used was the Spiced Apple from Jack Kellers site and I created an fpac for the purpose of back sweetening to make it more "fruit forward". There apple tasted is prominent initially with the spices coming after that. I was very satisfied.

YAY you rock!!! think ill make that this fall so itll be readynext fall...and since ive got so many others lined up before it!! jessh!

thanks for the notes and recipie :D

YAY you rock!!! think ill make that this fall so itll be readynext fall...and since ive got so many others lined up before it!! jessh!

thanks for the notes and recipie :D

Sure thing - one thing i read that i think helped - was putting the cloves in a tea bag and removing them after a few days. That will keep the cloves from over powering the smell.

sounde very interesting. i just need to bottle up some to make room ha ha

sure thing - i can't wait until it is done - it is only a few months old - and it smells awesome and tastes good too.

still have some clearing to do - should be ready by christmas.

Latest posts

Back