Apple seeds and hard cider.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What kind of juicer - high-speed blade types - I would not use myself and actually having just used both a Oster "Juice Extractor" and an Omega slow juicer I would not put apple seeds in either of those. I take out the cores of my apples.

Now I know that the traditional method seems to be to use a crusher, then a press. My hand crusher won't crack open many seeds if any and a standard fruit/apple press is really unlikely to do so either. That would be the preferred method that gets you the most juice with the least effort and no coring of apples required.

A lot comes back to how much are we talking about. I've processed about 3-4 bushels of apples this year by hand. I cored all of them and it was a bit of work to do so. When the apples were crisp and even on the green side the slow juice did great but once they got very ripe to slightly past ripe, a slow juicer won't do the job. I ended up getting 6 gallons of Juice for cider fermenting and about 1 1/2 gallons of applesauce.
If you are looking at doing more than 2 bushels of apples I would certainly try to find a crusher and a GOOD apple press. Slow juicing that many fresh apples is a LOT of work, not to mention the coring.

Latest posts

Back