apple-pear-crabapple

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ok, got my pear yesterday, will be starting in a day or two a apple-pear-crabapple,,, been down hard for a couple days, my 2nd shot for the Wuhan vaccine, been wanting some lemon peel cat,, yummy, lol,, going to be shooting for 24 gallon finish, one of my few wines that i shoot for 14% ABV
Dawg

oh, BTW, i forgot to mention, on the pear i ordered 4 gallons, it came in a 5,gal jug,,, i had to go back to the site to look if they sold 5 gallon concentrate, nope, from 1-qt to 3-gal are in 1-quart jugs, 4 gallon comes in a 5-gal jug, and the last option is a 52 gallon drum. strange, at least to me, best i can figure is with airspace the jug can take more of a jar with out bursting the container, strictly just my guess, what's your thoughts @Rice_Guy you work in a commercial atmosphere,,,
???? anyone have any thoughts ????
Dawg

we are in april, any juice or concentrate you are ordering came out of the freezer, freezing increases the volume pushing the higher sugar fraction out of the jug. Yup, with clean water and a glass like container it will burst, ,,, guess you have never put a beer in the freezer to chill it and not gotten around to drinking while it is still slushy stage,
oh, BTW, i forgot to mention, on the pear i ordered 4 gallons, it came in a 5,gal jug,,, i had to go , best i can figure is with airspace the jug can take more of a jar with out bursting the container, strictly just my guess, what's your thoughts
curious what crab you found? with the Prairie Fire I am using I have been backing down. 2020 did a 20% crab and the tannin flavor is intense.

we are in april, any juice or concentrate you are ordering came out of the freezer, freezing increases the volume pushing the higher sugar fraction out of the jug. Yup, with clean water and a glass like container it will burst, ,,, guess you have never put a beer in the freezer to chill it and not gotten around to drinking while it is still slushy stage,
called pear,,,,,
curious what crab you found? with the Prairie Fire I am using I have been backing down. 2020 did a 20% crab and the tannin flavor is intense.
how do you figure? i said the same thing on the excess space, I've put more things in a freezer then you can imagine, just like it's in the freezer now, at more or less the same volume , seems that no compression liquids is a concept beyond you, it works the same as a air chamber in your plumbing lines, to sort of soften the jolt , in case you don't know a beer is in a full space, you've been sniffing the commercial poisons yawl put in commercial foods yet again, and the crab and apple are not in the equations of the single fruit called pear, jeeze ,, you need me to type slower, :oops:
SKOAL:)
Dawg

how do you figure? i said the same thing on the excess space, I've put more things in a freezer then you can imagine, just like it's in the freezer now, at more or less the same volume , seems that no compression liquids is a concept beyond you, it works the same as a air chamber in your plumbing lines, to sort of soften the jolt , in case you don't know a beer is in a full space, you've been sniffing the commercial poisons yawl put in commercial foods yet again, and the crab and apple are not in the equations of the single fruit called pear, jeeze ,, you need me to type slower, :oops:
SKOAL:)
Dawg

on the crab apple local- sargets yellow, dolgo crabapple and from albania malus sylvestris
Dawg

Back