Apple cider

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I can find is 1% or 1/10 of a % preserved I can't find any completely non preserved ciderwould those work or not?

Question, is "Apple Cider" the same as "Apple Pie Wine"?

Thanks in advance

Racked my apple cider wine, getting ready to bottle, tastes awesome! I followed joeswine's advice and added 1/2 lb white raisins and 1/2 lb pineapple chunks to a 3-gallon batch, really gives it a lot of flavor.

I only have one thing to add to this awesome long string of cider wisdom. For those who want a clearer wine in short time, I add the meta to the cider before I add anything else and let it sit 24-36 hours. All the natural yeast falls right out of it, then I rack it off and proceed with the clear juice. Here's the raw cider and the clear cider, 36 hours apart:

Cider.jpg

Clear.jpg

It's 5 gallons of juice plus a ton of sugar. I would assume the final volume would be 5.5 to 6 gallons but haven't made it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

I will try without all the extra sugar to keep it hard cider traditional style, using priming sugar for carbonation.

I bottled my apple cider wine in April and cracked the first one a couple weeks ago, I really like the raisin and pineapple addition, gives it a little more body than pure apple wine. Have this year's batch fermenting now, made 6 gallons instead of 3, and used 3/4 lb of dried pineapple and 1/2 lb of dried apricots this year. Wrung 'em and pulled 'em out at about 1.030. I'm thinking forward to my F-pac and using a similar dried fruit mix with a little sugar. Any thoughts on that?

Latest posts

Back