Quantcast

Apple cider..

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

Kevinski324

New wine maker
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have been making hard cider for a couple of years now, and have tried a couple of methods and ingredients.. I have found my groove, and think that I have a good solid semi sweet cider with a cick(about 8 to 9 percent abv).. I have done some thinking, and I wonder if I could add some hops to a batch.. Has anyone else tried hops wines or added them to cider? I would love some imput on this, I think that hops have a great taste, but am not sure how much of them to use, and if they will go well with cider.. thanks.

RedNeckWino

Reaction score
Apple beer tastes good, so I am sure the hops would go good. How many? just have to start small and keep working up. should be fun to try, but maybe ferment a bit into the next batch.

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
WMT Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have been making hard cider for a couple of years now, and have tried a couple of methods and ingredients.. I have found my groove, and think that I have a good solid semi sweet cider with a cick(about 8 to 9 percent abv).. I have done some thinking, and I wonder if I could add some hops to a batch.. Has anyone else tried hops wines or added them to cider? I would love some imput on this, I think that hops have a great taste, but am not sure how much of them to use, and if they will go well with cider.. thanks.
Wade is your man and I am sure he'll chime in hear later tonight. I believe he or someone else he knows adds hops to some wines.