Anyone making Chilean wine and what kind?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just returned from Midwest Supply and spur of the moment bought 6 gal of the Cab Sauv juice for my first try. Should arrive about 4/15. It does come with the yeast added already. So when I get this I will probably transfer to my primary and I need tips on what to do from there. I have made quite a bit of wine from country fruit so this is new to me. No skins, just juice. From above it looks like I should check sg and adjust if necessary. Do I stir at all thru the ferment process? With no fruit I don't think so but needed to ask. I think I would just warm it up, ferment till dry and then rack to secondary. Don't want to f this up for the price paid.

Hello Wine Yooper
I have made only two kits the rest I have made from juice buckets. I think at the moment I am up to 10 buckets.

All please correct me if I make a mistake or if there is something different that needs to be done.

I get my juice and start to warm up. I toss k meta and let sit for 24 hr. Then I check my sg and the temp and add sugar to make it what I would 1.1ish Then I toss the type of yeast that I want to use. Lalvin 71b-1122 I use a lot one of my fav. When I see ferm starting I stir twice a day for a good 5 to 10 min. It is violent fermentation.... I personally let my primary go to about 1.01ish then hit the Carboy. I let my wine go dry under .9 and add kmeta. Then I just let it go for a month and rack off. Then I do let it go for about six months total time. Then rack and add sorbate wait about 2 weeks add finisher and back sweeten if I want sweet wine. Wait 2weeks then bottle.
Hope this helps.
Tom

New to the site here. I'm charlotte from Atlanta and I order frozen juice from chili once a year from a winemaking store. I made a Chilean Riesling that was wonderful. I am in the process of making a Chilean red vin.

Back