Anyone made any Sangria?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myakkagldwngr

Reaction score
My wife is not much for grape wine. She doesn't really enjoy the flavor. I have to admit she will try everything I offer her to taste, but only a sip.
She bought a bottle of Sangria last night to try.
I haven't seen a recipe for it in that thread.
Anyone tried making any from scratch?

We make Sangria in two different ways.

1. Niagara Mist Sangria Zinfandel Blush. This is currently the favourite of our 30-year old kids. I would suspect that this is close to the store bought Sangria, although possibly sweeter.

2. Made a couple of hours before serving. This would be the preference of my wife and I. There's thousand (or more) recipes on the net - just google Sangria. We make it in several different ways, ie no set recipe. Requires wine, ice, citrus fruit, maybe strawberries, citrus liqueur, sugar, club soda (or sparkling water). We will use light red wine, or a blush wine, or a red/blush blend, or a blush/strawberry white zinfandel blend, or lately a red/sangria zinfandel blush blend. We seem to enjoy them all, and it's kinda fun to try the different results. Severak years ago, we were more likely to make a blush based sangria. These days almost certainly some or all red wine.

You can also find recipes for a white sangria, but we have never tried that.

We had sangria in a Mexican restaurant in Colville WA a few years ago. We are pretty sure that it was just red wine (boxed California bordeaux style) plus citrus fruit and sparkling water.

Steve

RJ Spagnol has an Orchard Breezin' mist kit that is called
Sangria with Seville Oranges. The kit makes 30 bottles.

It is a low alcohol summertime-type drink that you can drink cold with lots of ice. Great at a party.

I just started one this week, so I can't say much other than lots of people have said it is very nice.

I make it all the time (my friends call it crack sangria). I use approx 70% Suncal cabernet and 30% punch. The punch is made with Brandy, orange juice. lime juice and frozen fruit punch. I make it pretty strong and bottle it for gifts.

Shake gently prior to serving and serve over ice. Add a splash of soda and garnish with fruit as desired.

Latest posts

Back