anyone here use samsung galaxy with kies

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesngalveston

Reaction score
I have a new galaxy s4 and can not get it to link to my computer.
I have installed drivers, check registry editor, done every thing on phone and computer still can not get it to usb.
windows xp sp3
samsung galaxy 4
any techies here.

james, are you trying to make the phone a wifi for your laptop/computer so you can provide internet access to your computer?
Or are you saying you plugged it into a usb port on the computer and Windows cannot recognize the phone?

i have not tried wifi...
trying to get computer to regonize the galaxy using usb cable.
the computer is seeing the samsung, but when I go to any folder they are empty, do not show anything.
I am very ept at computer knowledge, i have written some code, and run linux as well as windows.
I use to write software for illegal devices ..some i am pretty smart with computer, not the phone.
I rooted my old phone, now I want to root this one, and I have to get the computer to reconize the phone.
I have all ready the code to root the new galaxy.

My android phone works ok via usb, but I got tired of transferring the cable between the charger and the computer (I know the computer charges it, but if I charge it there then I forget it when I leave for work). So I created a shared folder on my computer, and use an app called ES File Explorer. It makes it really easy to transfer files to my computer over the home network. Make the share public and it's easy.

ES File Explorer is not the only app out there, but it's free ( at least it was when I got it)

Geek, I got it figured out...working fine now...lost a few pics somewhere, but its working...wanted to back phone up, before i rooted it..
thanks.

james, what was the issue? if you had a yellow mark on that device it means Windows couldn't properly install the needed drivers and sometimes you just let Windows search online to automaticall find and install.

Back