Anyone here interested in Blogging?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smurfe

Reaction score
I am working on starting a home brewing and winemaking blog. Anyone here ever do any blogging? I am looking for a few tips on a few things. I am going to try to use Word Press for the CMS software. Would love to have a few of my winemaking friends contribute little articles and such. Anyone interested?

Never blogged before but I'm interested. What's the difference between a forum and a blog?

Good for you Smurfe, great idea, I think you'd do a great job. I'd be a reader. Keep us updated.

Troy

wordpress is a great choice. very easy to use, very flexible, easy to maintain and good plugin support to handle anything you might desire.

Never blogged before but I'm interested. What's the difference between a forum and a blog?

Like Green Mountains said, it is a series of short articles. If you have any type of writing skills at all you would be a perfect candidate. You have a very nice muscadine vineyard and extensive experience making wine with them. A series of short articles on the muscadine life would be absolutely fantastic. I would love it if any of the members here that have their own vineyards and or make their own wines were involved. That is something I think home winemakers and brewers would love to read about.

With a Blog, you write your article which is pretty easy right on the website and post it. You type it out basically like a forum post but it posts in an article format. It then shows on the site like an article. You can add pictures in your post. People can comment on the articles. It is a lot easier than it sounds. A lot of websites out there are actually blogs. Green Mountains, what ideas do you have that might get us off the ground?

Here are an example of a few blogs.

http://brookstonbeerbulletin.com/

http://www.beernola.com/

http://www.225batonrouge.com/

http://www.winemakermag.com/

I'd have to think about that Smurfe. I'm a visual guy. Could perhaps help out with video or graphics.

I might be interested. I have written a couple articles for PASBO, PA Association of Business Officials. I need to think about what my knowledge level is concerning winemaking.

Julie

I'd have to think about that Smurfe. I'm a visual guy. Could perhaps help out with video or graphics.

Thats one plan, I really want some of our own videos. Right now I have a few You Tube videos on making a wine kit, etc. I have a Cam Corder but no idea on how to edit video. I would really love some graphics like banners, logos, etc as well.

Have you secured a web presence yet? It can be as easy as

something.wordpress.com

for something more unique you can purchase a domain name and have it "point" to the wordpress site.

Darren

Have you secured a web presence yet? It can be as easy as

something.wordpress.com

for something more unique you can purchase a domain name and have it "point" to the wordpress site.

Darren

Yeah, I have a domain with WordPress set up on it. I haven't had a chance the past week or so to do anything on it. Still working on a template and formatting it

www.letstalkbrewing.com

Wordpress is a good choice, but a word of warning, keep it up to date religiously! Since it is such a good choice, it is used by a LOT of sites, and because of that the hackers focus on cracking it. Once they find a crack, they spread it around the web and bad guys will target all the wordpress sites they can find. Some may do it just for the excitement, but most do it to find a backdoor into the server and install spam generators using your account.

Of course, if you use wordpress.com it should be updated for you. If you install wordpress on your own server space, then that's where the updates are necessary.

I've concidered it but I'm not sure if I want to spend anymore time in front of a computer than I already do.

Latest posts

Back