anyone heard from Hounddawg?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winemaker81

wine dabbler
Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In recent weeks there have been a few threads I figured he'd chime in on, but didn't. I checked last week and he hasn't been on since May 24th. I realize people come-n-go on forums, but my understanding is he'd had health problems recently. I'm hoping nothing adverse has happened.

I had not been on here much lately due to renovating a house, moving, and an untimely spinal surgery. When I have managed to read here I noticed that hounddog had not been on. I hope everything is okay. He helped me as much as anyone on here when I first started winemaking last year.

Isn't it funny how several of us had the same general thought. I was going to Sai the same question. I hope all is well in the northeast corner of Arkansas.
When I realized he hadn't posted in 5 weeks, I pinged him, no response. I wasn't sure if posting about it was silly or not, but from the response, my concern over posting was the silly part.

He’s gone into stealth mode quite a few times in the last few years,
I hope so!

He’s gone into stealth mode quite a few times in the last few years, but just like an old hound dog, comes limping back looking for some love. I hope we hear from him soon.
Sure miss his humor, there is nobody quite like him. Just thinking about him yesterday and not hearing from him for awhile.

He’s gone into stealth mode quite a few times in the last few years, but just like an old hound dog, comes limping back looking for some love. I hope we hear from him soon.
I have been thinking about him also for the past couple of weeks. Sure hope he is in Stealth mode, rather than in a bad Health mode. Will start praying for him....................................DizzyIzzy

I live in the country (Pinewood, SC pop. +/- 538). All my neighbors grow figs, blueberries, peaches, pears and more. It is a point of pride that we grow and exchange the excess fruits of our labors. A lot of the excess is made into the most enjoyable country wine I have ever tasted! I do hope @hounddawg has slipped into stealth mode as he is my country wine making hero!

Dawg, you were missed!

A bit of background -- a few years back a frequent poster of a gaming group I frequented went dark. No one thought much of it, as folks come-n-go as interests change. Three months later his sister messaged the group, letting us know he had died. He lived alone and no one found him for a month. His sister was going through his on-line contacts, letting people know. When I realized Richard had not posted in 5 weeks, I had a flashback. I'm quite happy to be wrong!

Dawg, you were missed!

A bit of background -- a few years back a frequent poster of a gaming group I frequented went dark. No one thought much of it, as folks come-n-go as interests change. Three months later his sister messaged the group, letting us know he had died. He lived alone and no one found him for a month. His sister was going through his on-line contacts, letting people know. When I realized Richard had not posted in 5 weeks, I had a flashback. I'm quite happy to be wrong!
thank you but i don't have a sister :i
Dawg

Latest posts

Back