Anyone grow table grapes?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

efBobby

Reaction score
I know this is the wine making forum but far as I know the only active grape related forum online.

Just curious what varieties you are growing and prefer.

Also if you enjoy table grapes but do not grow them lemme know your favorites.

I have 4 Reliance vines, white seedless. Good production and good eating. Pretty disease resistant compared to the Cab and Syrah planted next to them.

I haven't planted yet but so far I have red flame and perlette.

Far as cuttings so far I have moon drops, veepie and centennial.

Ones I hope to get:

Thomcord, concord seedless, diamond Muscat, summer Muscat, autumn royal, Crimson and as many of the new super flavored ones as I can find.

I have a few, don't know most of the variety names as I go the plants for free from a friend who was doing some experimental varieties and these were extras.
My muscat wine grapes are pretty good table grapes too though. Have to fight the kids off them every fall.

Reliance is a red seedless variety, not a white. It's also an indicator cultivar for Pierce's disease, so if you have Pierce's disease vectors in your area...you will know it.

Check out the fruit growers forum at Permies, and the growing fruit.org message boards. There are also several Google groups for growing grapes.

Yes, reliance is not a white, it is a red. Went brain dead while typing on that one. They were given to me several years ago. Very healthy!

Latest posts

Back