WineXpert Anyone going to try the new Eclipse kits?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_rayway

Always busy
Reaction score
Would love to hear about your process, issues, results, etc.

Considering the price point, they'd better be great!

I will be starting one next weekend, The WA State Pinot Gris. Can't wait, very high hopes. This is considered an "ultra" premium best there is kit so yea, it better be a good un!

Going to be stabilizing my NZ Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc tomorrow night. So far, so good.

Better notes in 4-6 months.

I have a Lodi cab sav in secondary, destined as red #4 through the barrel and a Mosel valley gerwurtztraminer at the same stage. Check back in year for results...no barrel for the white of course.

I have the Lodi Zin bulk aging. I have it a taste after my last racking and it was good then. Can't wait until it ages.

Even Better?

I just racked an Eclipse Napa Valley Stag's Leap District Merlot from the primary. It smells great and is still bubbling like crazy. I'm going to pick up an Eclipse Lodi Ranch 11 Cabernet Sauvignon tomorrow. I am hoping that they are a step up from the Estate Series versions.
Hey...my 100th post!

Last edited:
I have an WE Eclipse Riesling aging in the carboy and have an Eclipse Stag's Leap Merlot on order. I'm interested in how the Eclipse Riesling compares to the WE SE Riesling of a year or so ago.

NS

i have the stags leap merlot as well that i plan on starting shortly....hoping the results will be fantastic....

I have the Eclipse Napa Valley Stag's Leap District Merlot aging and the Eclipse Lodi Old Vines Zinfandel just racked degassed, meta, sorbate, clarified, oaked and topped off.
They taste pretty good now, cannot wait to taste them 6 months from now!

SO, sounds like all good so far then! I will definitely want to hear what you all say in the next 6 months/1 year. This could be very exciting!

A funny thing happened at the wine store today. As I was leaving with my Eclipse Lodi Ranch 11 Cab, an Eclipse Lodi Old Vines Zinfandel also followed me home. Whatever will I do now?:dg

Boatboy24 said:
Going to be stabilizing my NZ Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc tomorrow night. So far, so good.

Better notes in 4-6 months.

Is that the one that has the grapefruit notes to it. That is the one I am looking for.

Is that the one that has the grapefruit notes to it. That is the one I am looking for.

Finally got around to racking and degassing tonight. Of course, I snuck a sip. Obviously way too early to tell, but it's pretty good now.

I'm anxious to hear about the Eclipse Washington Riesling. I got the kit, but can't start it yet because of an upcoming trip. Keep us posted on these kits. I sure hope ther are worth the $!

Just started the Eclipse Lodi Old Vines Zinfandel today... looking forward to it!

This is the reason I took some time off of here... now I'll have to go buy 1 or 2 of these. I checked the price and it wasn't too bad compared to other kits out there. I'd rather spend the extra $1/bottle to have a much better wine. Of course this also means it may take longer to age and reach it's peak drinkability. I don't think you'll be wanting to drink this in "8 weeks".

So which one(s) are the best of the bunch for reds? Or are they too new to have any reviews yet?

This is the reason I took some time off of here... now I'll have to go buy 1 or 2 of these. I checked the price and it wasn't too bad compared to other kits out there. I'd rather spend the extra $1/bottle to have a much better wine. Of course this also means it may take longer to age and reach it's peak drinkability. I don't think you'll be wanting to drink this in "8 weeks".

So which one(s) are the best of the bunch for reds? Or are they too new to have any reviews yet?

Brew and Wine Supply has great prices on these kits. $20-$30 less than most other vendors, plus $9.95 shipping.

I think they are still too new to judge - especially reds.

Latest posts

Back