Anyone evr been involved in a Soap box Derby?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
I am in the begining stages of organizing a soap box derby, It will be the "Sluice Box Derby", which will take place during our Golden Days Celebration in the begining of July. This is our big city run festival where we celebrate the gold mining history of our city .

We already have a festivities committee in the Chamber of Commerce that runs the Golden Days Celebration. We also have already the "Red Green regatta". where you have to built some sort of a floating vessel with as much duct tape as possible. And yes the Red Green himself is always here.

This year I am going to introduce the "Sluice Box Derby". Sorta kinda the same idea. Gonna have catagories for lil kids, middle kids, and the rest of us who still think were kids.

I put together a three day winter festival here back in the mid eighties so I already have a jump on things. However, if there is anyone in here who has ever been involved with a soap box derby I'd love to here from you.

I can't do it alone. Any input makes us that much wiser, I will be meeting with the Chambers festivities Committee in the next couple weeks.

Any feedback would be great. respond to this thread or PM me and I will give you my personal e mail.

Troy
:tz

I don't know if I will be able to be involved in a team, but , if I can, I was thinking the Bordeaux Bomber,well...., whatever. let me know if you've ever have been involved in a competition like this

I've never been involved in anything like that. I always wanted to, though. I remember seeing stuff like that on tv or in movies when I was a kid, but there was never one for me to enter. If it were near me, I might be tempted to enter in the "still thinks he's a kid" division. LOL

Latest posts

Back