Anybody with Loquat wine experience ?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when working in pasta sauce one can only give away so many sauces or salsa.
The first year my dad planted zucchini, he had NO idea how much a vine produced. My mom found many recipes for zucchini; we tried literally half a dozen recipes for jam. I quickly learned to hate zucchini,.

My dad missed one in the middle of the patch, and it grew to about 8 lbs. He brought it up to the house to show the family. It was woody and fibrous and inedible. At that time I was into Agatha Christie mysteries and thought about writing "Murder by Zucchini", where the murder weapon is disposed of by eating it.

There is "too much of a good thing".

There are stories / jokes about how in some small towns in NewEngland early to late summer is the only time when folks lock their cars when they go shopping in town. The cause, too many generous folks gifting their over abundance of veggies to anyone whose car is not locked. I believe zuchinni gifting is the most common 'crime' that time of year. :wy

I quickly learned to hate zucchini,.
I'm with you. I used to do meeting planning which involved arranging banquet meals at various hotels. They were notorious for using zucchini whenever possible, so I would tell them "any vegetable except zucchini." Still, there were several times they would shred it and top the salads with it. Their zucchini storage facility must have been huge! 😜

Soooo much zucchini bread in the freezer... Unfortunately, that was also the year Mom and Dad deciding freezing green peppers was a good idea. Maybe that's why I dislike green peppers - cinnamon-sweet zucchini bread with a green pepper flavor just does not work. :s
Good thing they weren’t into taxidermy. Some people store their carcasses in the freezer. 🤔hmm, this zucchini bread tastes like possum!

Soooo much zucchini bread in the freezer... Unfortunately, that was also the year Mom and Dad deciding freezing green peppers was a good idea. Maybe that's why I dislike green peppers - cinnamon-sweet zucchini bread with a green pepper flavor just does not work. :s
This brings back so many memories! My dad once had the brilliant idea to buy a 50# bag of onions - I'm sure because it was a "good deal". My family was fairly large, but there was no way we could possibly consume 50# of onions before most of them spoiled, so he decided chop and freeze most of them, tossing about 100 pungent Baggies into our small chest freezer (which, of course, was loaded with lots of other foods). I like onions a lot, but I still gag when I think about the onion-flavored ice cream. 🤪 My mom wasn't happy!

This brings back so many memories! My dad once had the brilliant idea to buy a 50# bag of onions - I'm sure because it was a "good deal". My family was fairly large, but there was no way we could possibly consume 50# of onions before most of them spoiled, so he decided chop and freeze most of them, tossing about 100 pungent Baggies into our small chest freezer (which, of course, was loaded with lots of other foods). I like onions a lot, but I still gag when I think about the onion-flavored ice cream. 🤪 My mom wasn't happy!

SURPRISE - Drive through Gilroy California sometime and check out there.... Are you ready for it.... Garlic Ice Cream! My wife loves it. It's OK but you'd better be ready for that first burp cause yeah, It's coming back for another taste/smell.

(Gilroy is the Garlic Capitol of the US)

Back