Any thoughts on RQ 2021 release

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have a source besides Midwest? $200 ea. is bordering on ridiculous.

There is a place in Florida that most people on this site dislike that has it for $122. Shipping to my house is $30. $200 is insane for a wine kit

edited to change “hate” to “dislike”

Last edited:
We have purchased Wine Expert kits from the Ohio source for years. We recently purchased several RJS batches from the Florida source. I live in Ohio so 18L kit cost $36 to ship, $150-$160 total. We did several WE LE Tempranillo from last year, aging, but loved the initial samplings. I am very interested in The Tempranillo/Merlot blend. And I have no use for labels that are included in kits either. We always create our own labels.

I've been using Home Brew Ohio for my last few RJS kits, and I have had good service with them. They have had the RQ kits the last couple years, but they don't post them as quickly as other sites. They look to have a placeholder on their site for the new RQs. They seem to also occasionally have sales, but RQ kits are not included in the sales.

Their site isn't very easy to navigate, either.
Wine - Recipe Kits - 6 Gallon En Primeur - Home Brew Ohio

I've been using Home Brew Ohio for my last few RJS kits, and I have had good service with them. They have had the RQ kits the last couple years, but they don't post them as quickly as other sites. They look to have a placeholder on their site for the new RQs. They seem to also occasionally have sales, but RQ kits are not included in the sales.

Their site isn't very easy to navigate, either.
Wine - Recipe Kits - 6 Gallon En Primeur - Home Brew Ohio
I've been using them as well. Unfortunately they don't do pre-orders on the RQs. They will place an order for them late this year, but there's no guarantee they'll receive any.

I have these in my 'Wish List' through my Northern Brewer account. They are taking pre-orders at $199 (includes shipping). I'm hoping to order the Nero D'Avola eventually. My husband is not going to like that price tag though. I agree the labels are tacky... they could have done a much better job with these, given the Tarot theme... lots of other design options.

The place in Florida is the cheapest you’ll probably find, $135ish includes shipping.
My local wine shop around is going to sell theirs for $130ish.
The place in FL definitely does not include shipping, $165ish shipped to the Chicago area.

I wish I had a local wine shop such as yours. They would be getting all my business.

The place in FL definitely does not include shipping, $165ish shipped to the Chicago area.

I wish I had a local wine shop such as yours. They would be getting all my business.

Don’t know if my picture came thru but my price shows online $113 for the kit $23 for shipping to Ky. Are you adding it to cart and then shipping?? Hard to believe they charging you $50 for shipping .

Attachments

• 4EF94DF6-F8AD-4166-B125-86BDD194C813.png
    4EF94DF6-F8AD-4166-B125-86BDD194C813.png
    414.2 KB · Views: 28
Don’t know if my picture came thru but my price shows online $113 for the kit $23 for shipping to Ky. Are you adding it to cart and then shipping?? Hard to believe they charging you $50 for shipping .
This thread is about RJS RQ2021, not the Winexpert LE's. That explains the discrepancy in pricing. RQ's are $165ish shipped.

For Winexpert kits, try Labelpeelers, for a better deal than the place in FL.

Latest posts

Back