Any Polka fans in Here ?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
Might be a question for the beer section.:)
Just wondering.
Troy

I will admit I have frequented the local polka bar from time to time because it's one of the few places where you can actually dance with a partner. Shhhh, don't tell any of my friends, I'll never live it down.

WSG

Cool WSG:) I was hoping I wasn't alone. Found a fantastic polka site. Must be the Pollack in me, I am from Milwaukee in the "old days", moved away when I was 13. But even after 30 ys up here I still celebrate my roots. Beer, brats and the polka.:DHeeHee

Arent Brats German? I can see kielbasa but belive brats are german there Sid!

I told you I was half Polish, its all the same to me. Keishka, kielbasa. Yum. Never have been able to find any decent sausage here. havent been home in quite a few years but last time I brought back like 50 pounds. I do miss the polka bars though, but at least with the internet the music isn't to far away. And yeah hell with the rap, shouldn't even be allowed to be recorded or aired!! Other than that I love it all from Bach on the harpsicord to ACDC.:D
At least WSG admitted she will listen to the polka.LOL

My girlfriend is a teacher in traditional folk-dancing (when she is not painting, that is).

I am more the (hard) rock type.

Luc

I can listen to just about anything except gangster rap (rap is just as broad a genre as 'alternative'), and heavy metal. I love ballroom dancing.

WSG

LUC, I have to admit, I picture you as depicted in your avatar. I see you as an old time wine maker, smoking a pipe and talking philosophy and wine. LOL. Why don't you post a picture ? Why doesn't everyone post a picture of themselves ?
Troy
:)

Im with you on that Troy, I always picture Luc as that! lol

I dont fancy polka, sounds like line dancing to me! Sorry

I like all sorts of music and used to be involved in bands for years.

Good to meet you as a whole LUC, a pleasure indeed.!:b Congradulations, belated as they may be for your efforts to our hobby. I hope you will always beable to learn and to pass along that knowledge to the blokes like me.
Sorry. i really did picture you sitting on a rocking chair smoking a pipe and talking philosophy
Good to know you all the same.
Troy
:h
LUC, maybe it is you that likes the SQUEEZE, I just acused Allie and Booze of being "rocker moms"
LOL

Last edited:
hehehe Luc

did you get lots of congratulatory emails?

Allie

Well actually there were a few :f

However I made sure it was just 1 day at the site and then I posted another story and edited the April 1 entry so anybody could see it was a hoax.

Luc

Hehehe go Luc, that was a good one! Id have believed it!!!

from a Rocker Mum! :f

Oh now I get it.

The whole post was an April Fool's Day prank...Yeah, it took me until just a few minutes ago to figure that out.

I swear the more I learn, the less I know.

WSG

:re

Back