Wine Kitz Any kits for rose'?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I made this again, I would probably only had part of the fpack, as I like dry wine.
Thanks for the info, maybe split the f-pack and put half of it in the primary and the rest to the end? Or all from the start?
I did the WE white Zinfandel and added half the f-pack in the primary but decided after testing, not to add the rest at the end.
I too prefer them dry.

Last edited:
I've made wines that were a bit dry for my tastebuds and simply tossed in a tad of sweetener to my glass. I also universally prefer cold wine. I must be a hayseed wino?:D
Perhaps heresy to wine snobs but find a restaurant table that doesn't have condiments? I use Walmart splenda.
!/2 my fpac is in my freezer impatiently waiting on that little glass bulb to say .998, not 1.000!

Someone said "a true rose´" earlier in the thread. A true rose´ to me is a traditional dry Provence style wine made by pressing red grapes, with the color coming from a short skin contact. Not a sweet drink (not saying it's a bad thing). but if your reference point is a sweet white Zinfandel or a Blush, I can see your point.
I agree about the Provence style rosé. There are other really good dry rosés on the market. La Vieille Ferme makes a nice Rhone valley rosé at an attractive price. Also, Bota Box Dry Rosé is decent

I racked mine tonight and had a bit of a revelation. I was going to experiment with adding some FT Blanc Soft and/or some acid. When my receiving container was well short of the required volume, I realized I had no Rose for topping up. With the strawberry addition, mine is very bright red, so I thought an appropriate white wine would do the trick and bring the color back a bit. It occurred to me the the Vermentino kit I made a while back is mineral-y and slightly acidic. Great on its own, but I thought it might be perfect for topping up, and blending out a bit of the fruit forward notes I was looking to even out. Turns out I was right. So that's all racked and resting and I'll bottle in the next few weeks.

Bottled the other night. The Vermentino was a nice addition and I'll have a nice Rose for next summer.

Making this kit for next summer.. Any more thoughts on adding the FT Blanc Soft? Looking for a nice dry, Provence style Rose.

Thanks so much to everyone who contributed already!

Latest posts

Back