Anthracnose cured?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wood1954

Supporting Member
Reaction score
About a week ago I noticed what looked like anthracnose on a lot of clusters and was pretty bummed. I sprayed after getting 4” of rain with captan, tebuconazole, myclobutanil and permethrin. Today I didn’t see any anthracnose anywhere. Maybe the combo of chemicals and temps in the 90s killed it off, don’t know just happy.
The primary clusters were the ones affected and I think it’s because I didn’t spray during flowering which went on for a long time due to secondary buds flowering as primary buds finished up.
Next year I’ll spray during flowering.

I used to use that, but it seemed to be nothing more than salad dressing for the JBs. They just kept eating away. But the other GT Sevin (not carbaryl based) killed them dead. This change happened some years back when we had a BAD year for the beetles. Seems someone was busing them in by the truck load or something, and I had to change up my game. That year I started using a 3 prong approach, set traps away from the vineyard, treat the soil with milky spore, and changed to the Zeta-Cypermethrin. Since then the beetles have been in decline.

Latest posts

Back