Another PA'r

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmac

Reaction score
Hey. This a great site to lurk and learn. Just want to intro myself. Up in Erie area but originally from Beaver County. Brewed some wine with my dad when a kid. Later gave a speech in 9th grade on how to make wine. With samples and props. Surprisingly they let me do it. But that was in the 80s in my country bumpkin home town. Haven't brewed since. Always thought about it but you know how it goes sometimes.
Anyway, this year and thought, what the heck. Been collecting bottles for years with a promise. Now is the time. With a ton of research, lurking and collecting, I hit maximum density with these big three ladies:
5 gal orange blossom mead, currently in secondary at a fairly dry 1005
5 gal of hard cider in secondary at 1024
3 gal cranberry wine finishing up primary
All from 1090.
Both the cider and the cranberry will be jacked in part for a holiday, side-by-side.

Thanks for all the help already and look forward to the future.

20170227_233145-1.jpg

Welcome!

FYI... Don't take it personal if you get a PM from a Moderator. About a year ago I got a gentle slap on the wrist for innocently mentioning what I had done with some extra apple wine I had after bottling, what I found out later, was "jacking".

Last edited:
Welcome!

FYI... Don't take it personal if you get a PM from a Moderator. About a year ago I got a gentle slap on the wrist for innocently mentioning what I had done with some extra apple wine I had after bottling, what I found out later, was "jacking".

Lol... then I should probably say this to throw them off my trail, I just sampled my cranberry from a test draw. 1010 and what an uncanny flavor! My wife loves it. I doubt that any of it is going to make it into my Mad Scientist lair.

Does anyone else play in the Cranberry pond?

14883285266231619355448.jpg

Welcome to the site JMAC.

I am originally from Butler Co. -- now live in Mercer. Nice to know there are other NW-PA ers here

Latest posts

Back