another newbie of sorts

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sirs

just an oldman
Reaction score
Hello all,
I've made wine for a good bit but never made it like they do in the kits and such. I've always just did it like I seen my dad do it, he always used either a big glass jug of sorts or plastic buckets anyway.. I love making and drinknig wines that I've made LOL my wife says she likes mine better than the store bought as you can tell what fruit's used in mine. I'm still not to hot on doing alot of the things people say the kits say to do but I'm learning some things either way. I got on here to find out about doing elderberry wine which I've done started right along with my other wines. Soooo you want to know anything else about me or what I've got going hey just ask,who knows I might can help someone or get help myself LOL.
Thanks for a cool forum.
Eddie

Hello! I've never made elderberry, but I certainly like to drink it. You will find plenty of people with elderberry experience around the forums. Good luck!

Welcome,
There are quite a few members here that make that. Im sure once they wake up you will hear more..

Welcome aboard!! There are a lot of knowledgeable folks in this forum - feel free to ask questions..

Welcome to winemakingtalk.
Good people and good tips here.

welcome eddie! tell us about ur other wines, too.

Well I've made all kinds of wines from store bought grapes in the past but wild blackberry is probly one of my favorites. Right now I've got a batch of wild blackberry,boysenberry, and 2 batches of wild plum(those are heavenly so far) working their hearts out not to mention the batch of elderberry my first 5 gallon try. Normally I will make up to 3 gallons but I found so many of the elderberries this year I figured why not, in fact I've got enough probly for 2 more batches(planning on doing some tradeing possibly for wild cherries for one of the batches). I love to make jams and jellies and can most anything I can get enough of. Right now though the elderberry is my new adventure with wine,jelly and syrup So far Jelly is really good wine is working hard still not done the syrup yet.

well got about 3 gallons of muscadine's this evening gonna see if I can get abit more and get a batch of them started, not sure what kind they are they're a green grape but look dirty like they got soot stains on them,they have a really sweet taste to them also.The others growing with them turn a dark purple I've eat them the past few years not sure why the one vine seems to have turned green. Oh how long does it take before your post can be seen without approval Just curious??

cool seems I can post now, one other thing is I'm now going to kinda start keeping records of sorts of what I'm doing, I've always just went by taste and kind of what I want to call a feel it's always worked pretty well for me. Hopes this makes sence to you.

Last edited:
cool seems I can post now, one other thing is I'm now going to kinda start keeping records of sorts of what I'm doing, I've always just went by taste and kind of what I want to call a feel it's always worked pretty well for me. Hopes this makes sence to you.
my first two batches, i kept notes on paper...
after finding this site, i began to keep my records on the computer...
with each new batch, i just open up microsoft word and type in my info...
it has been much easier than keeping up with my paper notes...and gives me an excuse to check here often...

Latest posts

Back