another newbie from Texas

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowboytex

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I just started this hobby in the last month. I'm retired and it is too HOT to work outside so this is what I came up with. Sorry to start off asking so many questions but like I said, I'm new to all of this. I have been reading night and day but there are some questions that pop in my head or I run into a problem I haven't read about yet so here I am.
cowboytex (Erving ) from N.E. Texas

Welcome to our forum so what kind of questions do you have and have you started any wine yet and do you have any wine equipment

Welcome Ervin to the party, glad to have you here. Lots of great people with lots of knowledge on this forum. We also like to have fun so jump in any time. By the way you got in here just in time. We're not excepting anymore members from texas until we get more from PA. LOL, just kidding, that count only goes for between PA and Canada.:b

Welcome Erving!!
Makes sense to get out of the heat and make cold beverage!

Tim

Welcome Erving, glad to have you aboard. Wev welcome all your questions here as thats why this site exists!

Welcome to our forum so what kind of questions do you have and have you started any wine yet and do you have any wine equipment

yea, I have started a gallon of Blackberry and Plum. Today I started 5 gallons of Skeeter Pee. I have all of the chemicals that Jack recommended and 8ea. 1 gallon jugs, 2ea. 1/2 gl. jugs, 1 three gallon. jug and of course the airlocs, stoppers and a few other things. I've posted 2 or 3 questions today on the newbie forum.

Welcome Ervin to the party, glad to have you here. Lots of great people with lots of knowledge on this forum. We also like to have fun so jump in any time. By the way you got in here just in time. We're not excepting anymore members from texas until we get more from PA. LOL, just kidding, that count only goes for between PA and Canada.:b

lol! Thanks

Hi Erving,

Glad you joined us and yes we do seem to have a lot of people from PA here. I think Dan (runningwolf) is running around PA giving bottles of wine to every PA'er who joins up. :)

"I think Dan (runningwolf) is running around PA giving bottles of wine to every PA'er who joins up. "
my blueberries are from PA, does that count, lol!!
welcome erv...this has been a great resource for this newbie, too...and yes, it does seem alot like an endless party to me, too:db

"I think Dan (runningwolf) is running around PA giving bottles of wine to every PA'er who joins up. "
my blueberries are from PA, does that count, lol!!
welcome erv...this has been a great resource for this newbie, too...and yes, it does seem alot like an endless party to me, too:db

Yes Countrygirl you're in! :tz:db:tz:db Didn't you ever hear of Pennslytucky:b

Welcome to the obsession (winemaking & this forum)

The guys (& gals) here are more than willing to help you out with any questions you have. The more people that take up this hobby, is the more people that help with proving that they are not crazy.

I think i should mention the search function (it kinda become "My Thing:)
The search function is sure to piss you off at some point, it's not the best in the world, but it is ours. Try the Google search for the site, in the drop down, as well. The most awesomest (it's a word NOW) thing about the search is the "Similar Threads" at the bottom, it will lead you on wonderful journey of questions & answers much akin to the one you have posed to it. Be careful time can get away from you when you are in the forums.

Again welcome. Hope you time here is enjoyable and informative.

Last edited:
Welcome to the obsession (winemaking & this forum)

The guys (& gals) here are more than willing to help you out with any questions you have. The more people that take up this hobby, is the more people that help with proving that they are not crazy.

I think i should mention the search function (it kinda become "My Thing:)
The search function is sure to piss you off at some point, it's not the best in the world, but it is ours. Try the Google search or the sight, in the drop down, as well. The most awesomest (it's a word NOW) thing about the search is the "Similar Threads" at the bottom, it will lead you on wonderful journey of questions & answers much akin to the one you have posed to it. Be careful time can get away from you when you are in the forums.

Again welcome. Hope you time here is enjoyable and informative.

Thanks for all the Welcome replies! I feel at home already!

Latest posts

Back