Another new member

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BPL

Junior
Reaction score
Hello everyone! My name is Barry from Colorado. I've been making wine for about 4 years. It started off as a curious hobby and turned into a serious pass time. I have made wine from fresh fruits, as well as, several kits.

I am looking forward to expanding my knowledge of the science of wine.

I'll be hanging out and reading posts for a while.

Cheers!

Welcome to WMT!

"It started off as a curious hobby and turned into a serious pass time" is a very polite and actually understated and subdued way of describing how it affected some here. :rolleyes:
Dave is a relative beginner who quickly became the poster child for "Dang! I can ferment that!". He hasn't made dirt wine yet, but we have a pool going, betting on when he does it. 🤣

Ribbing Dave is good natured -- in a few years I expect him to become the next Jack Keller.

Welcome to WMT!

Dave is a relative beginner who quickly became the poster child for "Dang! I can ferment that!". He hasn't made dirt wine yet, but we have a pool going, betting on when he does it. 🤣

Ribbing Dave is good natured -- in a few years I expect him to become the next Jack Keller.
Thank you! Very kind of you to say that!

On a related note, 92 degrees today and I was collecting black walnut leaves. Just a "serious pastime", nothing to be concerned about.

Hi, Berry! Welcome to WMT!
"It started off as a curious hobby and turned into a serious pass time" is a very polite and actually understated and subdued way of describing how it affected some here. :rolleyes:
Thank you for the warm welcome! Cheers.

There is no reason you can't eventually publish a book of your recipes/notes. :)
I appreciate the compliment! Like many here wine making has filled a need to experiment, learn, play, and have a heck of a lot of fun. And having a glass of home made beautiful magic is...sorry...intoxicating. Wish I started 20 years ago. If I live to 143 - as planned - I'll know enough to do that book.

If I live to 143 - as planned - I'll know enough to do that book.
Do not wait. Today is here. Tomorrow is not promised.

I finally realized my mistakes and failures are of as much value to others as my successes, maybe more. We do so much to teach each other. It's all valuable.

Welcome Barry. What have you been making?
Thank you for the welcoming. Recently, I have been making a few kit wines, but experimenting with organic nutrients. The results are surprising. I started off with fruit wines because of an abundance of fruit from our trees and grape vines. It sorta' grew :) .

Welcome, Barry. Any wine you consider a favorite?

Back