And another sucker....

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AkTom

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, you've suckered me in. Not that it took much.
I've been brewing beer for about 3 years. I also like cider and mead. My wife is the one who likes wine. I've made a few kit wines.
I've only made 1 wine from fresh fruit. It was a pear wine that after a year or so is a vinegar. It smells nice, but isn't drinkable. Who knows, a bit more time?
Mead is fun and easy to make.
Thanks for the info as I continue on my journey as a wine maker.
I live in Alaska. Next summer I'll make a fireweed wine. And maybe a blueberry wine as I have found a great only berry patch about an hour drive away.
Cheers,
Tom

Welcome to the forum!

Don't know anything about fireweed but those blueberries you've access to should make a nice country wine.

Welcome!

I'm new here, too but...

It was a pear wine that after a year or so is a vinegar. It smells nice, but isn't drinkable.

If it looks like vinegar and smells like vinegar, use it like vinegar :h

It sounds like it would be amazing in a pear vinaigrette on a spinach salad with blue cheese and cranberries. And bacon.

You could also use it in a shrub, which is a vinegar-based drink.

Happy winemaking and hoping you get more wine-like wine in the future.

It's a flowering (weed) plant that grows in Alaska and northwest.
People make jelly by making a tea of the petals. While I like jelly... I'll go for the wine. Google would t let me copy a picture of fireweed. It is beautiful when you see whole hillsides covered in it.

It's a flowering (weed) plant that grows in Alaska and northwest.
People make jelly by making a tea of the petals. While I like jelly... I'll go for the wine. Google would t let me copy a picture of fireweed. It is beautiful when you see whole hillsides covered in it.

Just post (insert image) the picture using the image address or just copy the address and paste the address in your post.

... or ... Is there another name for this weed? So many weeds flower.

Latest posts

Back